Remix "Heard It On The Radio"!
posted November 2nd, 2011
In an effort to keep things spicy, we thought it would be fun to have a little remix contest. I know that you all have been asking about when the new record will be coming. All I can say is we're still working on it, but soon..... so until then, maybe we could have some fun.
Please try your hand at remixing our song "Heard It On The Radio" from our Hall & Oates cover record. Greg and I will have a listen to your work and choose our favorite. Whoever wins will receive signed copies of all of our cds and your remix will be featured on our website. And the winner will also have a shot at us hiring him/her to remix a song from our upcoming record. So impress us! We're very excited to hear what you all come up with!!
Start by downloading the individual WAV remix files here (via Soundcloud)Heard It On The Radio - Remix Contest by thebirdandthebee
When you finish with your remix, upload it to Soundcloud via the DropBox below! Note: You will be redirected to the Soundcloud website. You need to have an account (they are free) to be able to submit a remix.
* The contest runs from November 2nd to November 30th, 2011.
* You must submit your remix by November 30th, 2011 at 12 midnight (PT) to be eligible for the contest.
* All winners will be selected after the closing date by Inara and Greg, whose decision is final. The winners will be notified by email by December 30th, 2011.
* All audio files made available to download, and all parts downloaded remain the property of The Bird And The Bee. All remixes completed, whether submitted in this competition or not, remain the property of The Bird And The Bee. No exploitation, or distribution of remixes shall be permitted without the sole written consent of The Bird And The Bee.
* Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are legally binding. The Bird And The Bee reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these rules.
* The Bird And The Bee's decision is final. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable.
* The winner's name may be published on thebirdandthebee.com and Soundcloud.com after the closing date of the competition. The Bird And The Bee has the right to contact the winners for permission to involve them in any post prize-giving publicity and the winner agrees to such activities and shall make themselves reasonably available for such purposes.
* The Bird And The Bee reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this competition at anytime without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on thebirdandthebee.com.
* Prize is subject to final selection. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, The Bird And The Bee retains the right to offer an alternative prize.
* Remixes must contain original music and samples only. Please do not use any parts of other people's records, or create a "mashup" for submission to the contest. Any remix with "illicit" samples will be disqualified.
* Files are being supplied in WAV format. Where possible, please try to keep the quality of your remix in WAV/AIF format. While submissions will be in lossy MP3, we would prefer if you still had a WAV/AIF master.